Cindy Reeh is a reliable and friendly editor with more than 15 years of experience editing a wide variety of publications. She edits web content, peer-reviewed publications, reports, proposals, nonfiction books, children’s literature, and other communication materials. Her specialty is the social sciences, particularly public health and global development. She edits for correctness (spelling, grammar, punctuation, usage), clarity, consistency, adherence to an editorial style, and appropriateness for audience while maintaining the author’s voice.
Tandem Editing LLC, Seattle, Washington, January 2016 – present
Editor for Tandem Editing LLC, a partnership owned by Cindy Reeh, Connie Chaplan, and Kyra Freestar.
- Performs copy editing, proofreading, and substantive editing for clients, including the Johns Hopkins Center for Communication Programs, Global Health: Science and Practice peer-reviewed journal, Clinton Health Access Initiative, King County Accountable Community of Health, EcoDistricts, HomeSight, Committee for Children, PATH, World Health Organization, Center on Reinventing Public Education, and the University of Washington.
- Edits reports, proposals, training manuals, web content, curricula, fact sheets, newsletters, nonfiction books, and journal manuscripts.
- Queries authors as needed for clarifications, corrections, and incomplete information. Provides suggestions for improved readability, flow, and diction. Works with authors for whom English is a second language.
ICF International, Washington, DC, August 2014 – present
On-call editor for the Creative Services team.
- Copy edits publications for some of ICF’s largest clients, including the U.S. Agency for International Development, Department of Labor, National Cancer Institute, Children’s Bureau, National Eye Institute, Columbia University, and Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration.
- Ranked in 2016 by PRWeek as the fourth largest independent agency in the country, ICF’s award-winning strategic communications and marketing group includes more than 400 public relations, marketing, digital, and creative professionals.
Ceree Editing LLC, Seattle, Washington, October 2010 – present
Freelance editor for a variety of clients.
- Copy edits and proofreads award-winning children’s books focusing on STEM [science, technology, engineering, and math] for the Innovation Press.
- Offers editing services for nonfiction books, memoirs, and communication materials for independent authors, publishers, and corporate and nonprofit agencies.
- From 2010 to 2015, performed substantive editing, copyediting, and proofreading for global health organizations, including the Johns Hopkins University, PATH, Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation, Catholic Relief Services, Management Sciences for Health, Pathfinder International, University Research Co., and FHI 360.
PATH, Seattle, Washington, March 2006 – November 2009
Program associate and lead copy editor for the global reproductive health team.
- Wrote and edited sections of reports, proposals, and web content. Managed the production of documents in coordination with authors, program managers, editors, designers, and clients.
- Conducted background research and summarized findings for projects related to a variety of health topics, including reproductive health supply security and chronic diseases.
- Coordinated logistics for large- and small-scale meetings and conferences around the world.
- Managed the Reproductive Health Supplies Coalition’s Innovation Fund, a small grants program.
- More than 15 years of experience helping companies and individuals create clear and compelling publications for global audiences.
- Experience editing communication materials for a wide variety of clients, including nonprofits, corporations, government, journals, universities, individual authors, and small presses.
- Advanced knowledge of editorial style and guidelines, including Chicago, AP, AMA, GPO, APA, Yahoo! web style, and in-house style guides.
- In-depth knowledge of research, policy, education, public health, community development, and global health issues.
- Experience managing multiple projects and meeting deadlines under pressure.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Experience conducting research and writing reports, proposals, brochures, fact sheets, literature reviews, web content, and other communication materials.
- Certificate in Editing, University of Washington, 2010
- MA, International Development Studies (focus on Public Health), The George Washington University, Washington, DC, 2003
- BA, International Studies and German (double major), Central College, Pella, Iowa, 1999